Veterinary Vacuum Activated Surgical Positioning System – invented by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist, Dr. Lloyd Hiebert, who has over twenty years of positioning experience and intimate interaction with the needs of practicing veterinarians. These positioners were created to provide precise positioning for virtually any type of surgery as well as xray, CT and MRI scan positioning. It maintains body heat during surgery and allows for easy transport back into recovery. Perfect for any Veterinary clinic or hospital.
Secure Veterinary Positioning For:
- Pre-op Prep – shaving and sterile scrub
- Surgery – ventral, dorsal or lateral position
- Post-op Recovery – prevent aspiration
- Radiological Exams – precise positioning for accurate x-rays
- Emergency Transport
- Newborn Care – positioning and head conservation
The HUG-U-VAC Advantage:
- Designed for office, hospital and field use
- Conforms gently to body contours
- Pressure sore prevention
- Body heat conservation
- Emergency fracture stabilization
- Secure head and neck support
- X-ray lucent
- Easily cleaned
The HUG-U-VAC System:
- Five different sizes – Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, Jumbo
- Manual vacuum pump with vacuum hose
- Storage/Transport nylon duffel bag
- Limb restraint straps
- Patch Kit
The HUG-U-VAC System is available in five different sizes: Each individual unit comes with four restraint straps.
- Small: 16″ x 24″ – Puppies, Kittens
- Medium: 20″ x 30″ – Cats, Small Dogs
- Large: 24″ x 36″ – Medium & Large Dogs, Goats, Sheep
- Extra Large: 30″ x 45″ – Large Dogs, Goats, Sheep
- Jumbo: 36″ x 54″ – Large Animals, Alpacas, Llamas, Foals, Mini Horses
- HUG-U-VAC Set Includes: Five HUG-U-VAC Positioners, One HUG-U-VAC Head Positioner, One HUG-U-VAC Manual Vacuum Pump & Hose, One Storage/Transport Nylon Duffel Bag, Twenty (20) Limb Restraints, and One Patch Kit. Free Instructional Video with each set. SAVE $$ by purchasing a set.
Durability of the HUG-U-VAC External Shell: The HUG-U-VAC is externalized by an airtight and waterproof polyvinyl chloride shell containing polystyrene beads. The material has superior flexing qualities and therefore when evacuated the HUG-U-VAC has a spring-like action to maintain the patient solidly in the lateral position. The material is very smooth making it easy to clean with a germicidal spray.
Evacuation Valve: High quality evacuation valve provides quick, positive on-off control of air flow. Thumb latch controls spring loaded dual coupling evacuation valve.
Manual HUG-U-VAC Vacuum Pump: The custom engineered manual vacuum pump made of aluminum and resilient black derlin assures long life and weather resistance. *Option – Operating room inline suction can be used as an alternative to the HUG-U-VAC Vacuum pump.
- Stroke volume – 41 cubic in. per stroke.
- Vacuum – 15 in. Hg with 20 lbs pulling force.
Vacuum Hose:(Hose attached to pump)
- Clear PVC braided vacuum hose
- FDA and USDA approved
- Maximum working pressure at 70 degrees F. 200 – psi
- Design burst pressure at 70 degrees F. 800 – psi
The Versatile Head Positioner For Veterinary Challenges
Precise Head Positioning For:
- Any size head
- Microscopic surgery
- Radiological exams of the head and neck
- Surgery in the ventral, dorsal or lateral position
Secure Head Positioning For:
- Eye Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Dental Surgery
- Cranio-Facial Surgery
The Head Positioner Advantage
- Conforms to the contours of the head and neck
- Prevents pressure sores
- X-ray lucent
- Does not impede cervical venous outflow (improved homeostasis)
- Easily Cleaned
Instructions: Please read in the Specifications section.