Opening your own veterinary clinic is an exciting time. As is the case with any new business venture, you’ll be facing professionally enriching benefits and taking on risks. While you might be thinking first about putting all that training in veterinary medicine to work, you also have to remember that you’ll be wearing the hat of a business owner. With that said, here are some tips for new vet clinic setup that can help you minimize risks and enjoy the thrilling and lucrative path ahead.
- Do your research- It is a huge transition to go from working in a veterinary clinic and being the owner of one. Reach out to other veterinarians to learn what challenges they encountered and how they met them. Ask what they would have done differently now that they’ve gotten further down the path.
- Consider your goals- As you progress through new vet clinic setup, know what both your short-term and long-term goals are. You can’t develop a business plan without knowing what you want to accomplish in the long run.
- Develop a comprehensive plan- You can’t be too heavily detailed when putting together your business plan. Consider everything that you can possibly think of that you’ll need for your new vet clinic setup.
- Consider where your resources are coming from- Once you know what you’ll need for hiring staff, acquiring medical equipment, building or leasing a space, and so forth, you’ll need to move into where those funds are going to come from.
- Take advantage of the knowledge of experts- Nearly every aspect of a new vet clinic setup can go easier with the help of someone that knows what you are going through. For example, when it comes to medical equipment, the supplier can be a valuable source for selecting the right equipment and even getting trained in its use.
At Georgian Anesthesia and Medical Corp., we are happy to help you with new vet clinic setup. We are experienced in how to make wise selections so that your new veterinary clinic will be outfitted within your budget and to be able to perform the services that you plan to offer. Reach out to us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about how we can help you get off on the right foot.